I guess a chicken soup is one of the most common soups, everybody likes. There are many recipes how to make a chicken soup available definitely. In my favorite chicken soup recipe, I combine fresh whole chicken with quite a lot of vegetables, which make my chicken soup full of great flavors.
The preparation is very simple a doesn’t take much of your time. The soup cooking time takes longer, about two hours. Cooking the chicken slowly, long enough, with fresh vegetables added is a guarantee of the great tasting soup in the result.
You can cook the whole chicken in the soup or you can separate the chicken breasts before cooking and use them for frying or making a juicy chicken steaks later.
There are many serving options of the chicken soup. Some people prefer to have the chicken soup thick, served with chicken cut into small pieces, vegetables and noodles. Chicken soup served this way can substitute your main dinner dish. But it can be served as a first course also, without meat, with carrots sliced into a little circles and noodles if you like.
I always strain the soup through the sieve to have it clear. I cut chicken and carrots and serve them in a separate bowls, so everybody can enjoy the chicken soup in the way the most preffered.
Usually, there are the egg noodles added to the chicken soup. I cook either a noodles or I make a special soup dumplings to serve my chicken soup with.
While the soup is simmering slowly, you can make these soup dumplings simply:
- In the bowl combine 30g softened, unsalted butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk.
- Whisk until all the ingredients combine together well.
- Add about 7-8 tbsp coarse flour/semolina type/ and combine until nice soft dough forms.
- In the large pot heat a water until it starts to boil.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Make a little dumplings, separating a small amounts of the dough with a teaspoon and adding them to the boiling water one by one.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Drain the dumplings through the colander and remove them into the serving bowl.
- Arrange a couple of dumplings in the soup bowl and pour a hot chicken soup over.
Serve your chicken soup hot with a little pieces of chicken, carrots and dumplings or noodles.
I hope you’ll enjoy cooking your chicken soup. Looking forward to receiving your commenst below.